Buccaneers looking to add 'pass-catching back'
Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Bruce Arians said the team is looking to add a "pass-catching back" to the roster.
“We’d love to have a pass-catching back," Arians replied when asked about the Buccaneers' remaining offseason needs. “There are little pieces of the puzzle, and the draft is going to be huge for us." Peyton Barber may have left for the Washington Redskins, but Jones isn't about to step into a three-down role. The 2018 second-round allowed a sack, 2 hits, and 5 hurries on 49 pass-blocking snaps last season. Chris Thompson could be an option for Tampa Bay.
Jones was 53rd in Pro Football Focus' pass-blocking efficiency metric out of the 60 running backs to play at least 20.0 percent of their team's pass-blocking snaps last season. However, as a receiver, Jones was RB7 in yards per route run.
- Chargers' Hunter Henry 'fine' playing under the franchise tag May 24th, 2020
- Patriots could ask cornerback Joejuan Williams to take on multiple roles May 24th, 2020
- Seahawks still see Chris Carson as lead running back May 24th, 2020
- Browns sign center Nick Harris to rookie deal May 24th, 2020
- Seattle's Carlos Hyde (shoulder) recovering from torn labrum surgery May 23rd, 2020
- Jets willing to listen to calls for Jamal Adams May 22nd, 2020
- Cameron Brate catching with Tom Brady in Tampa Bay May 21st, 2020
- Buccaneers' O.J. Howard gets in work with Tom Brady May 21st, 2020
- Mike Evans works out with Tom Brady, fellow Buccaneers May 21st, 2020
- Buccaneers believe Ke'Shawn Vaughn capable of three-down role May 21st, 2020
- Tom Brady throws with Tampa Bay teammates May 19th, 2020
- Buccaneers' Ronald Jones working on receiving May 14th, 2020