Buccaneers looking to add 'pass-catching back'
Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Bruce Arians said the team is looking to add a "pass-catching back" to the roster.
“We’d love to have a pass-catching back," Arians replied when asked about the Buccaneers' remaining offseason needs. “There are little pieces of the puzzle, and the draft is going to be huge for us." Peyton Barber may have left for the Washington Redskins, but Jones isn't about to step into a three-down role. The 2018 second-round allowed a sack, 2 hits, and 5 hurries on 49 pass-blocking snaps last season. Chris Thompson could be an option for Tampa Bay.
Jones was 53rd in Pro Football Focus' pass-blocking efficiency metric out of the 60 running backs to play at least 20.0 percent of their team's pass-blocking snaps last season. However, as a receiver, Jones was RB7 in yards per route run.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Bucs ink Rob Gronkowski to one-year deal March 15th, 2021
- Tom Brady extending with Buccaneers through 2022 March 12th, 2021
- Tampa Bay uses franchise tag on Chris Godwin March 9th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (knee) active for Super Bowl Sunday February 7th, 2021
- Antonio Brown (knee) questionable for Buccaneers in Super Bowl February 5th, 2021