Buccaneers looking to add 'pass-catching back'
Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Bruce Arians said the team is looking to add a "pass-catching back" to the roster.
“We’d love to have a pass-catching back," Arians replied when asked about the Buccaneers' remaining offseason needs. “There are little pieces of the puzzle, and the draft is going to be huge for us." Peyton Barber may have left for the Washington Redskins, but Jones isn't about to step into a three-down role. The 2018 second-round allowed a sack, 2 hits, and 5 hurries on 49 pass-blocking snaps last season. Chris Thompson could be an option for Tampa Bay.
Jones was 53rd in Pro Football Focus' pass-blocking efficiency metric out of the 60 running backs to play at least 20.0 percent of their team's pass-blocking snaps last season. However, as a receiver, Jones was RB7 in yards per route run.
- McDaniel: Miami's Tua Tagovailoa (back/ankle) questionable in Week 4 September 27th, 2022
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott (thumb) targeting return in Week 5 September 27th, 2022
- Keenan Allen (hamstring) expected to practice with Chargers before Week 4's matchup September 27th, 2022
- New York's Sterling Shepard (knee) diagnosed with torn ACL September 27th, 2022
- Kadarius Toney (hamstring) ruled out for Giants in Week 3 September 26th, 2022
- Cowboys' Michael Gallup (ACL) officially inactive for Week 3 September 26th, 2022
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (heel) limited again on Thursday September 22nd, 2022
- Chiefs' JuJu Smith-Schuster (shoulder) logs full practice on Thursday September 22nd, 2022
- Kansas City's Mecole Hardman (heel) limited on Wednesday September 21st, 2022
- Patrick Mahomes (wrist) cleared for Chiefs on Thursday night September 15th, 2022
- Chiefs' Harrison Butker (ankle) out for Week 2 clash with Chargers September 14th, 2022
- Chiefs' JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) limited Monday September 12th, 2022