Rapoport: Bengals open to keeping Andy Dalton for 2020 season
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Cincinnati Bengals are open to keeping Andy Dalton for the upcoming season.
The Bengals are keeping all options on the table, including keeping Dalton. With the #1 pick likely to be used on Joe Burrow, Dalton's future lies elsewhere, but the Bengals have been unable to trade him so far, and are now considering the possibility of keeping him. With no guaranteed money in Dalton's contract, the Bengals can take their time before deciding to keep or release their long-time veteran quarterback.
Dalton's passing grade of 65.9 ranked 31st among quarterbacks, per Pro Football Focus. His 2019 completion % of 59.4 was the second-lowest of his career, and his 14 interceptions were the most he's thrown in a season since 2014.
- Pelisserio: Chiefs reportedly re-sign wide receiver Demarcus Robinson March 28th, 2020
- Devin Funchess officially agrees to one-year deal with Packers March 28th, 2020
- Giants reportedly sign tight end Eric Tomlinson March 28th, 2020
- Eagles exercise Alshon Jeffery's 2020 team option March 28th, 2020
- Broncos reportedly re-sign defensive tackle Shelby Harris to one-year contract March 28th, 2020
- Vikings re-sign Dakota Dozier to one-year, $1 million deal March 27th, 2020
- Rapoport: Bengals open to keeping Andy Dalton for 2020 season March 25th, 2020
- Vonn Bell, Bengals reportedly ink 3-year deal March 25th, 2020
- Rapoport: Bengals reportedly sign linebacker Josh Bynes to one-year contract March 24th, 2020
- Andy Dalton reportedly not part of Patriots "immediate plans" March 21st, 2020
- D.J. Reader, Bengals reportedly agree for 4 years, $53 million March 18th, 2020
- Bengals sign cornerback Trae Waynes to 3-year contract March 17th, 2020