Bears sign Germain Ifedi to one-year deal
The Chicago Bears signed offensive lineman Germain Ifedi to a one-year contract on Wednesday.
The former 31st overall pick from the 2016 draft spent his first four seasons in Seattle and played the majority of his snaps last season at right tackle. The 25-year-old may be asked to slide to guard this season to help replace the retiring Kyle Long. He joins a Chicago Bears unit that ranked 20th in both run and pass blocking last season, per Pro Football Focus.
Last season, Ifedi allowed a career-high 7 sacks, 6 quarterback hits, 39 hurries, 52 pressures, and committed 14 penalties. He received a pass-blocking grade of 63.3 and a run-blocking grade of 57.6 from Pro Football Focus.
- Packers guard Lane Taylor agrees to pay cut May 31st, 2020
- Broncos tight end Jake Butt finally healthy May 31st, 2020
- Silver: 49ers and George Kittle 'remain far apart' on potential extension May 30th, 2020
- Texans, Zach Fulton agree to restructured contract May 29th, 2020
- 49ers' Dee Ford had "relatively minor" knee surgery during offseason May 29th, 2020
- Chiefs, Chris Jones reportedly not close on long-term contract May 28th, 2020
- Nick Foles, Mitchell Trubisky to both play preseason with Bears' starters May 26th, 2020
- Bears' Anthony Miller confident about 2020 May 13th, 2020
- Pelissero: Bears reportedly decline Mitchell Trubisky's fifth-year option May 2nd, 2020
- Tashaun Gipson reportedly signing with Bears May 1st, 2020
- Ted Ginn reportedly going to Chicago April 30th, 2020
- Bears restructure Nick Foles' contract April 30th, 2020