Bears re-sign Tyler Bray to bolster quarterback depth
The Chicago Bears have re-signed quarterback Tyler Bray, according to ESPN's Field Yates.
Bray is expected to compete for the third-string quarterback job, behind Nick Foles and Mitch Trubisky. The former undrafted free agent out of Tennessee spent multiple seasons with the Kansas City Chiefs but only played a single game. His value to the Bears lies in his familiarity with head coach Matt Nagy's offense.
At Tennessee, Bray compiled 540 completions on 922 attempts, for 7,444 yards, 69 touchdowns and 28 interceptions across three seasons.
- Texans, Zach Fulton agree to restructured contract May 29th, 2020
- 49ers' Dee Ford had "relatively minor" knee surgery during offseason May 29th, 2020
- Chiefs, Chris Jones reportedly not close on long-term contract May 28th, 2020
- Matt Judon signs Ravens' franchise tag Thursday May 28th, 2020
- Eli Apple signs 1-year deal with Carolina May 28th, 2020
- DeAndre Hopkins envisions better numbers in Arizona May 28th, 2020
- Nick Foles, Mitchell Trubisky to both play preseason with Bears' starters May 26th, 2020
- Bears' Anthony Miller confident about 2020 May 13th, 2020
- Pelissero: Bears reportedly decline Mitchell Trubisky's fifth-year option May 2nd, 2020
- Tashaun Gipson reportedly signing with Bears May 1st, 2020
- Ted Ginn reportedly going to Chicago April 30th, 2020
- Bears restructure Nick Foles' contract April 30th, 2020