Washington waives Montae Nicholson, 4 other defensive backs
The Washington Redskins waived free safety Montae Nicholson.
Washington also released Kayvon Webster, Breon Borders, Dee Delaney, and Coty Sensabaugh in a purging of defensive backs. Nicholson started at free safety in all 13 games he played in last season, but his level of play apparently wasn't up to standards for new head coach Ron Rivera. Nicholson, a 2017 fourth-round pick, turned 24 last December.
Nicholson recorded 2 interceptions, 4 pass deflections, and 2 fumble recoveries last season. He allowed a 67.7 completion percentage for 12.0 yards per catch, 8.2 yards per target, and 6 touchdowns on 31 targets. Nicholson earned a poor grade of 51.6 from Pro Football Focus.
- Chargers' Hunter Henry 'fine' playing under the franchise tag May 24th, 2020
- Patriots could ask cornerback Joejuan Williams to take on multiple roles May 24th, 2020
- Seahawks still see Chris Carson as lead running back May 24th, 2020
- Browns sign center Nick Harris to rookie deal May 24th, 2020
- Seattle's Carlos Hyde (shoulder) recovering from torn labrum surgery May 23rd, 2020
- Jets willing to listen to calls for Jamal Adams May 22nd, 2020
- Redskins receiver Cody Latimer taken into custody May 17th, 2020
- Washington's Antonio Gibson draws Christian McCaffrey comparison May 5th, 2020
- Jaguars, Chris Thompson agree to one-year deal May 1st, 2020
- Washington declines Reuben Foster 2021 option April 30th, 2020
- Washington signing Cam Newton 'depends on circumstances' April 30th, 2020
- Dwayne Haskins showed Washington enough to remain starter April 30th, 2020