Emmanuel Sanders signs two-year contract with Saints worth up to $19 million
Wide Receiver Emmanuel Sanders has agreed to a two-year contract with the New Orleans Saints worth up to $19 million.
Sanders, a two-time pro bowler, played 17 games last season, 7 for the Denver Broncos, and 10 for the San Francisco 49ers following a mid-season trade. He was also in talks with the Dallas Cowboys and Green Bay Packers before choosing the Saints. The 33-year-old accumulated 66 receptions on 97 targets last season, resulting in 869 yards (13.2 yards per reception), and 5 touchdowns.
Sanders's 2019-20 catch rate of 68.75% was the 9th best in the league, among wide receivers that saw at least 80 targets. According to Pro Football Focus, he dropped just 1 of 72 catchable targets. He will join a Saints passing attack that could certainly use a consistent second option in their passing game after no wide receiver outside of Michael Thomas saw more than 57 targets last season.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Saints re-sign Jameis Winston to one-year contract March 15th, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Taysom Hill (knee) ruled out for Sunday's clash with Buccaneers January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) inactive for Divisional Round clash with Tampa Bay January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) not expected to play Sunday January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Taysom Hill (knee) not expected to play Sunday January 17th, 2021