Patriots reportedly 'unlikely' to target Jameis Winston
The New England Patriots are "unlikely" to target free agent quarterback Jameis Winston, reports Mike Giardi of NFL Network, per a high-ranking New England official.
There was speculation that Winston would replace Tom Brady under center for the Patriots after reports broke that Brady was taking over in Tampa Bay. The Washington Redskins and Los Angeles Chargers are also reportedly out on Winston, leaving last year's league-leader in passing yards -- and interceptions -- without many starting opportunities. The Oakland Raiders or Miami Dolphins could emerge as potential suitors. Winston threw 30 interceptions in 2019. Brady has thrown 29 in the last four seasons combined and has never thrown more than 14 in a year.
Jameis averaged 21.0 FanDuel points per game last season and added 0.10 Passing Net Expected Points per play, right in line with the league average. He paced the NFL with 6,538 air yards and was second with an average depth of target of 10.4 yards.
- Texans, Zach Fulton agree to restructured contract May 29th, 2020
- 49ers' Dee Ford had "relatively minor" knee surgery during offseason May 29th, 2020
- Chiefs, Chris Jones reportedly not close on long-term contract May 28th, 2020
- Matt Judon signs Ravens' franchise tag Thursday May 28th, 2020
- DeAndre Hopkins envisions better numbers in Arizona May 28th, 2020
- Ravens say all running backs have role May 28th, 2020
- Eli Apple signs 1-year deal with Carolina May 28th, 2020
- Jay Glazer: Taysom Hill next in line for Saints May 20th, 2020
- Saints sign running back Ty Montgomery May 15th, 2020
- Saints release Pro Bowl guard Larry Warford May 8th, 2020
- Saints see Tommy Stevens as "bigger Taysom Hill" April 30th, 2020
- Saints' Jameis Winston claims improved depth perception April 29th, 2020