Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger throwing pain-free
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said he's "throwing without pain for the first time in years."
"I have no doubts I’m going to be able to come back and play well — none," Roethlisberger said. "Right now, it’s about 40 throws a day and about 20 yards. Our goal was for me to be 80, 90, 100% by OTAs and minicamp." Offseason activities could be heading for cancellation due to COVID-19, so Roethlisberger may benefit from additional recovery time. He was limited to a game and a half last season before going down with an elbow injury that required surgery. Roethlisberger turned 38 earlier this month.
It was obviously a small sample size, but Roethlisberger's -0.10 Passing Net Expected points per play last year was the first time in his 16-year career that he dipped into the negatives. His average depth of target of 9.3 yards would have been fifth-most among the 33 quarterbacks with at least 200 pass attempts.
- Matthew Stafford (thumb) leaves Rams practice early, X-rays negative August 3rd, 2021
- Jets rookie receiver Elijah Moore has been "unstoppable" in training camp August 2nd, 2021
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa "letting it rip" this offseason August 2nd, 2021
- Calvin Ridley has had "no setbacks" after offseason surgery August 2nd, 2021
- Jonathan Taylor drawing plenty of targets in Colts' passing game August 2nd, 2021
- 49ers' coach Kyle Shanahan would be "very surprised" if rookie Trey Lance starts Week 1 August 2nd, 2021
- Pittsburgh's JuJu Smith-Schuster reportedly seeing 'limited to no outside work' during training camp July 30th, 2021
- Steelers expecting Najee Harris to be 3-down back July 27th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Steelers activate Eric Ebron from COVID-19 list for Wild Card game January 8th, 2021
- Steelers suggest Josh Dobbs could be involved Sunday January 5th, 2021
- Steelers place Eric Ebron on reserve/COVID-19 list January 2nd, 2021