Adrian Phillips heads to New England on two-year contract
Former Los Angeles Chargers defensive back Adrian Phillips is joining the New England Patriots on a two-year deal, according to Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports.
Phillips played just seven games in 2019, his least since an injury-plagued rookie year in 2014. He dealt with a broken arm that landed him on injured reserve, but when healthy he still contributed, racking up 27 tackles as part of the Chargers' No. 21-ranked defense in DVOA, per Football Outsiders.
Among those who played at least 20% of their team's snaps in 2019, Phillips rated as the No. 8 safety with an overall grade of 87.5, according to Pro Football Focus.
- D.J. Chark (chest, back) downgraded to out for Jaguars’ Thursday night matchup with Dolphins September 24th, 2020
- Panthers want Curtis Samuel more involved September 24th, 2020
- Zack Moss (toe) absent for Bills again September 24th, 2020
- Alshon Jeffery (foot) expected back for Eagles in next few weeks September 24th, 2020
- Christian Kirk (groin) on Cardinals' sidelines again Thursday September 24th, 2020
- D.J. Chark (chest) 'trending upward' for Jaguars on Thursday September 24th, 2020
- Patriots' James White (personal) inactive for Week 2 game against Seattle September 20th, 2020
- Patriots' N'Keal Harry (shoulder) expected to play Week 2 September 20th, 2020
- Julian Edelman (knee) should play Week 2 for Pats September 20th, 2020
- Cam Newton rushes for 2 touchdowns in Patriots debut September 13th, 2020
- N'Keal Harry (shoulder) 'good to go' Sunday for Pats September 13th, 2020
- Patriots activate Nick Folk to active roster September 12th, 2020