Jason Witten reportedly joining Raiders in Las Vegas
The Oakland Raiders signed tight end Jason Witten, formerly of the Dallas Cowboys, to a 1-year contract worth up to $4.75 million, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Witten will don a different jersey for the first time after 16 seasons with Dallas. Coming off career-lows in yards per reception (8.4) and yards per target (6.4), Witten should struggle for targets behind Darren Waller and Foster Moreau. However, the Monday Night Football booth kinship shared with Raiders head coach Jon Gruden could overcome common sense. Witten will be 38 in May.
Witten averaged 6.8 FanDuel points per game last season. Among the 41 tight ends with at least 30 targets, Witten was 33rd in yards per target.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Rapoport: Raiders reportedly release offensive guard Richie Incognito March 6th, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Raiders' Jason Witten retiring from football January 27th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs avoids DUI charge January 11th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs arrested on DUI charges January 4th, 2021
- Raiders' Jalen Richard placed on Reserve/COVID-19 list Wednesday December 30th, 2020