Jameis Winston's future with Buccaneers to be decided in 'couple weeks'
Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston's future with the team will be decided in a "couple weeks," per head coach Bruce Arians.
"You look at it and there’s so much good and so much outright terrible,'' Arians said of Winston's play on Sunday evening. He had more to add on Monday. "Oh yeah. If we can win with this one, we can definitely win with another one, too." Winston became the first quarterback in NFL history to throw 30 touchdowns and 30 interceptions in the same season. He also threw for the eighth-most yards in league history (5,109). There figures to be plenty of speculation over the next couple of weeks.
Jameis averaged 21.0 FanDuel points per game this season. He completed 60.7 percent of his passes at 8.2 yards per attempt while also rushing for 250 yards and a touchdown.
- Schefter: Seahawks reportedly sign tight end Greg Olsen to one-year contract on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Eagles reportedly release linebacker Nigel Bradham on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Drew Brees returning to Saints in 2020 February 18th, 2020
- Steelers expect Ben Roethlisberger (elbow) to be ready for start of regular season February 17th, 2020
- Washington's Jordan Reed (concussion) not cleared to play, remains in protocol February 17th, 2020
- Vernon Hargreaves cut by Texans after six-game tenure February 14th, 2020
- Chris Godwin extension 'high' on Buccaneers' priorities December 30th, 2019
- Jameis Winston's future with Buccaneers to be decided in 'couple weeks' December 30th, 2019
- Chris Godwin (hamstring) ruled out for Buccaneers in Week 17 December 27th, 2019
- Tampa Bay's Chris Godwin (hamstring) remains out on Friday December 27th, 2019
- Chris Godwin (hamstring) ruled out of Tampa Bay's game Saturday December 19th, 2019
- Mike Evans (hamstring) placed on Buccaneers' injured reserve December 18th, 2019