Matthew Stafford (back) finally placed on Lions' injured reserve
The Detroit Lions placed quarterback Matthew Stafford on injured reserve with a back injury.
Stafford will wind up missing the final eight games of the season. He previously hadn't missed a game since 2010. The veteran will be 32 at the start of next season. David Blough will finish out the year under center for Detroit. The Lions visit the Denver Broncos in Week 16.
Stafford completed 64.3 percent of his passes for 2,499 yards (8.6 per attempt), 19 touchdowns, and 5 interceptions in eight games this season. He averaged 21.4 FanDuel points per game.
- Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger (elbow) 'about 2.5-3 months' from total clearance February 23rd, 2020
- Bears reportedly release Taylor Gabriel on Friday February 21st, 2020
- Redskins reportedly release Jordan Reed on Thursday February 20th, 2020
- Schefter: Seahawks reportedly sign tight end Greg Olsen to one-year contract on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Eagles reportedly release linebacker Nigel Bradham on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Drew Brees returning to Saints in 2020 February 18th, 2020
- Lions' David Blough struggles in season finale December 30th, 2019
- Lions' Kenny Golladay being evaluated for a concussion against the Packers in Week 17 December 29th, 2019
- Rapoport: Lions' Kerryon Johnson (knee) should see full workload in Week 16 December 22nd, 2019
- Lions' Bo Scarbrough (ribs) questionable for Week 16 December 20th, 2019
- Lions' Kerryon Johnson (knee) expected back Sunday December 19th, 2019
- Kenny Golladay kept in check during Detroit loss December 16th, 2019