Giants' Saquon Barkley struggling with return from ankle injury
New York Giants running back Saquon Barkley (ankle) admits his return from an ankle injury has been mentally challenging.
"Even though physically you feel like you're back, mentally you might be telling yourself that you're back, but you watch yourself on film and see that you're running and you're protecting yourself," Barkley said. "You just don't really think you're doing it but naturally it's just happening." Barkley hasn't cleared 100 rushing yards since injuring his ankle in Week 3 and hasn't found the end zone since Week 8. He's averaging a full yard less per carry (4.0) than his rookie season (5.0). That said, Barkley is in a potential smash spot in Week 15 against a Miami Dolphins defense that is allowing the second-most rushing yards per game.
Saquon is the RB2 in numberFire's Week 15 fantasy rankings, at a cost of $8,300. Our models project Barkley for 20.9 FanDuel points on Sunday.
- Gary Kubiak will reportedly become new Vikings offensive coordinator January 23rd, 2020
- Patriots' Julian Edelman (shoulder surgery) expected healthy for offseason January 21st, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham (core) undergoes successful surgery January 21st, 2020
- A.J. Green 'definitely' a priority for Bengals January 21st, 2020
- 49ers' Tevin Coleman suffered dislocated shoulder January 21st, 2020
- San Francisco's Raheem Mostert accumulates 220 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns in Sunday's NFC Championship win over Green Bay January 19th, 2020
- Daniel Jones throws for 301 yards in Giants' loss in Week 17 December 30th, 2019
- Giants reportedly fire Pat Shurmur after 2 seasons December 30th, 2019
- Giants' Rhett Ellison (concussion) ruled out for Week 17 December 27th, 2019
- Sterling Shepard scores for Giants, records 76 yards in win December 23rd, 2019
- Giants' Daniel Jones throws 5 touchdowns in Week 16's overtime win over Washington December 22nd, 2019
- Giants' Saquon Barkley accounts for 279 scrimmage yards and 2 scores in Week 16 December 22nd, 2019