Panthers' Cam Newton to reportedly undergo surgery on broken foot
Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton will undergo surgery on his broken foot, reports NFL Network's Tiffany Blackmon.
Newton hasn't played since Week 2. He tried to avoid surgery but that apparently wasn't an option. The veteran quarterback has one year left on his contract and will be 31 in May.
Newton completed 56.2 percent of his passes for 572 yards (6.4 per attempt) with 0 touchdowns and 1 interception in two games before going down. He also rushed for negative-2 yards on 5 carries.
- Patriots' Julian Edelman (shoulder surgery) expected healthy for offseason January 21st, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham (core) undergoes successful surgery January 21st, 2020
- A.J. Green 'definitely' a priority for Bengals January 21st, 2020
- 49ers' Tevin Coleman suffered dislocated shoulder January 21st, 2020
- San Francisco's Raheem Mostert accumulates 220 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns in Sunday's NFC Championship win over Green Bay January 19th, 2020
- Titans' Ryan Tannehill throws 2 touchdowns in Sunday's AFC Championship loss to Kansas City January 19th, 2020
- Carolina's Luke Kuechly retires after 8 seasons January 14th, 2020
- Christian McCaffrey rushes for 1 touchdown, completes his bid for historic 1,000/1,000 season in Week 17 December 29th, 2019
- Panthers' Will Grier (foot) doubtful to return against Saints in Week 17 December 29th, 2019
- Panthers' DJ Moore (concussion) ruled out for Week 17 December 27th, 2019
- Carolina's D.J. Moore (concussion) DNP on Thursday December 26th, 2019
- Panthers' DJ Moore (concussion) absent from Tuesday practice December 24th, 2019