Rapoport: Chargers' Philip Rivers could be benched for Tyrod Taylor
Los Angeles Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers is in danger of being benched due to poor play, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
It's been a long year for Rivers and the Chargers, who currently sit at 4-7, three games out of first place in the AFC West. While the onus isn't completely on Rivers, he certainly hasn't played well, and head coach Anthony Lynn could opt for a quarterback change to spice things up.
In 11 games this season, Rivers has gone 268-of-416 passing with 3,169 yards, 15 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.
- Titans' Adam Humphries (ankle) questionable for Sunday's playoff matchup against Chiefs January 17th, 2020
- George Kittle practicing in full Thursday for San Francisco January 16th, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham under arrest for touching officer January 16th, 2020
- 49ers' George Kittle (ankle) DNP on Wednesday January 15th, 2020
- Packers' Geronimo Allison not seen at practice on Wednesday January 15th, 2020
- Titans' Adam Humphries (ankle) returns to practice on Wednesday January 15th, 2020
- Chargers' Philip Rivers (thumb) full participant in Thursday's practice December 26th, 2019
- Chargers' Philip Rivers (thumb) limited on Wednesday December 25th, 2019
- Philip Rivers throws for 279 yards in Chargers' loss December 23rd, 2019
- Mike Williams kept out of end zone in Chargers' loss December 23rd, 2019
- Melvin Gordon fumbles twice, Chargers clobbered by Vikings December 16th, 2019
- Austin Ekeler clears rushing, receiving century marks in Chargers' win December 9th, 2019