Brian Hill has coaches confidence as Falcons lead back
Atlanta Falcons head coach Dan Quinn said he'd be "confident" with running back Brian Hill in a lead role if Devonta Freeman (foot) is sidelined.
Freeman is undergoing an MRI on Monday that should provide a sense of whether or not he will miss time. Hill rushed 20 times for 61 yards and caught a 10-yard touchdown in Sunday's Week 10 upset win over the New Orleans Saints. He could be looking at a three-down role in Week 11 against the Carolina Panthers.
Hill has 101 rushing yards (3.6 per carry), 3 receptions (4 targets), 24 receiving yards, and 2 touchdowns this season.
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (shoulder) 'looks great' Thursday December 12th, 2019
- Broncos' Noah Fant (hip, foot) returns to practice Thursday December 12th, 2019
- Damien Williams (ribs) still limited for Kansas City December 12th, 2019
- Jared Cook (concussion) practices on limited basis for Saints December 12th, 2019
- Giants' Saquon Barkley struggling with return from ankle injury December 12th, 2019
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) still expected to return for Steelers on Sunday December 12th, 2019
- Devonta Freeman (knee) returns for Falcons with limited session December 12th, 2019
- Julio Jones (shoulder) limited for Falcons on Wednesday December 11th, 2019
- Atlanta's Devonta Freeman (knee) absent on Wednesday December 11th, 2019
- Falcons' Calvin Ridley (abdomen) finished for 2019 December 9th, 2019
- Atlanta's Calvin Ridley (abdominal) ruled out for remainder of Week 14's game against Carolina December 8th, 2019
- Falcons' Julio Jones (shoulder) will play in Week 14's game against Panthers December 6th, 2019