Using Blake Bortles was 'part of game plan,' Rams coach Sean McVay said
Los Angeles Rams coach Sean McVay said inserting quarterback Blake Bortles into the Rams' Week 10 loss against the Pittsburgh Steelers was "part of the game plan."
Bortles took a snap in place of a struggling Jared Goff and rushed for a one-yard in a failed attempt to convert a third down. McVay said he “wanted to try to add a guy in the run game with Blake."
The former Jaguar has appeared in 2 games with the Rams this season, but has yet to attempt a pass.
- Texans' Will Fuller (hamstring) 'feeling good' December 12th, 2019
- Jets' Demaryius Thomas (hamstring, knee) out for Week 15 December 12th, 2019
- Mark Andrews (knee) officially active for Ravens against Jets December 12th, 2019
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (shoulder) 'looks great' Thursday December 12th, 2019
- Broncos' Noah Fant (hip, foot) returns to practice Thursday December 12th, 2019
- Damien Williams (ribs) still limited for Kansas City December 12th, 2019
- Rams' Gerald Everett (knee) not practicing on Wednesday December 11th, 2019
- Jared Goff throws for 293 yards, 2 touchdowns Sunday night in Rams' win December 9th, 2019
- Rams' Gerald Everett (knee) out for Week 14 December 6th, 2019
- Rams' Gerald Everett (knee) misses practice again Thursday December 5th, 2019
- Rams' Jared Goff accounts for 424 yards and 2 scores in Week 13 December 1st, 2019
- Rams' Robert Woods accumulates 13 receptions for 172 yards in Week 13's blowout win over Arizona December 1st, 2019