Lions' Matthew Stafford (back) ruled out for Week 10
Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford has been ruled out for Week 10's game against the Chicago Bears with a back injury.
Stafford has fractured bones in his back and the Lions' doctors are keeping him off the field, according to Adam Schefter. The fact that Stafford was considering playing with fractured bones is a testament to his toughness, but his run of consecutive regular-season starts will come to an end at 136. Jeff Driskell will get the start under center for Detroit, which is a downgrade for Kenny Golladay, Marvin Jones, T.J. Hockenson, and the entire Lions' offense. The Chicago Bears defense receives a significant upgrade. Stafford is considered week-to-week.
The Chicago Bears D/ST is rated 8th overall against the pass, according to our power rankings, and will provide a difficult test for Driskell and the Lions.
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (shoulder) 'looks great' Thursday December 12th, 2019
- Broncos' Noah Fant (hip, foot) returns to practice Thursday December 12th, 2019
- Damien Williams (ribs) still limited for Kansas City December 12th, 2019
- Jared Cook (concussion) practices on limited basis for Saints December 12th, 2019
- Giants' Saquon Barkley struggling with return from ankle injury December 12th, 2019
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) still expected to return for Steelers on Sunday December 12th, 2019
- Marvin Jones (ankle) finished for Lions this season December 11th, 2019
- Lions' Matthew Stafford says back healing 'as it should' December 5th, 2019
- Kerryon Johnson (knee, IR) returns to Lions practice December 4th, 2019
- Matthew Stafford (back) remains week-to-week for Lions December 2nd, 2019
- T.J. Hockenson done for Lions in 2019 due to ankle injury December 2nd, 2019
- Lions send Jeff Driskel to IR, sign QB Kyle Sloter November 30th, 2019