Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes (knee) has "a chance" to play in Week 9
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes has a chance to play against the Minnesota Vikings in Week 9 according to ESPN's Ed Werder.
Mahomes appears to be a legitimate game-time decision for Kansas City in Week 9. The expectation is still that he sits, but this report is an excellent sign for his outlook for Week 10 against the Tennessee Titans. Mahomes' recovery has been ahead of schedule since day 1 and it appears he will end up beating even the most optimistic timetables for his return.
Assuming a full return in Week 10, our models project Mahomes for 167 completions for 2092 yards, 15.67 touchdowns, and 5.2 interceptions over the rest of the season. He is the QB12 in our rest of season rankings with a Week 12 bye still on his schedule.
- Giants' Nick Gates fractures leg in first quarter Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Pharaoh Brown (shoulder, ankle) DNP for Houston Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Steelers' Eric Ebron (hamstring) DNP Thursday September 16th, 2021
- D'Andre Swift (groin) limited for Lions on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) limited for Jets Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Miami's Will Fuller (personal) absent on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Tyreek Hill goes for 201 all-purpose yards in Chiefs' wild win September 12th, 2021
- Kyler Murray dominates Titans in Cardinals' blowout victory September 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (oblique) practices in full Thursday September 9th, 2021
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) logs full practice on Wednesday September 8th, 2021
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (oblique) limited on Wednesday September 8th, 2021
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) expected to play in Week 1 September 6th, 2021