Austin Ekeler catches 7 passes for 118 yards, touchdown in Chargers' loss
Los Angeles Chargers running back Austin Ekeler caught 7 passes on 8 targets for 118 yards and 1 touchdown in a 23-20, Week 7 loss to the Tennessee Titans on Sunday.
Ekeler also rushed 5 times for 7 yards and came up half a yard shy of doubling up his touchdown total on the day. He out-gained Melvin Gordon 125-29 despite being out-touched 19-12. Despite Ekeler clearly being a more effective option, the Chargers have stubbornly been force-feeding Gordon, to a fault. The Bolts pay a visit to the Chicago Bears in Week 8.
Ekeler scored 22.0 FanDuel points on Sunday. He has 69 carries for 248 yards (3.6 per carry) and 3 touchdowns this season, with 49 catches (53 targets) for 488 yards and 4 touchdowns.
- Houston's Will Fuller (groin) undergoes sports hernia surgery January 26th, 2020
- Gary Kubiak will reportedly become new Vikings offensive coordinator January 23rd, 2020
- Patriots' Julian Edelman (shoulder surgery) expected healthy for offseason January 21st, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham (core) undergoes successful surgery January 21st, 2020
- A.J. Green 'definitely' a priority for Bengals January 21st, 2020
- 49ers' Tevin Coleman suffered dislocated shoulder January 21st, 2020
- Chargers' Philip Rivers (thumb) full participant in Thursday's practice December 26th, 2019
- Chargers' Philip Rivers (thumb) limited on Wednesday December 25th, 2019
- Philip Rivers throws for 279 yards in Chargers' loss December 23rd, 2019
- Mike Williams kept out of end zone in Chargers' loss December 23rd, 2019
- Melvin Gordon fumbles twice, Chargers clobbered by Vikings December 16th, 2019
- Austin Ekeler clears rushing, receiving century marks in Chargers' win December 9th, 2019