Buccaneers say 'balls will come' for O.J. Howard
Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Bruce Arians said "the balls will come" for tight end O.J. Howard.
"We don't dictate who gets the ball, the defense does," Arians added in regards to Howard's slow start. "So sometimes it will spread around for different people every week." The logic is sound in theory, but Howard was not targeted in Week 2 and he has just 4 catches (5 targets) for 32 scoreless yards through two games. It's been a dreadful start for the popular breakout candidate, but there's some squeaky wheel potential at home in Week 3 versus the New York Giants.
Howard is the TE19 in numberFire's Week 3 fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 3.2 targets, 2.2 receptions, 27.7 yards, 0.23 touchdowns, and 5.2 FanDuel points, at a cost of $5,800.
- Jacksonville's Leonard Fournette rumbles for 131 yards in Week 7 October 20th, 2019
- Minnesota's Dalvin Cook scores two touchdowns in Week 7 October 20th, 2019
- New Orleans' Latavius Murray goes off in Week 7's victory over Chicago October 20th, 2019
- Baltimore's Lamar Jackson accumulates 116 rushing yards in Week 7's road victory over Seattle October 20th, 2019
- Houston's Kenny Stills accounts for 105 yards in Week 7 October 20th, 2019
- Cowboys' Randall Cobb (back) available on Sunday night October 20th, 2019
- Buccaneers' O.J. Howard won't be traded this season October 16th, 2019
- Buccaneers' Jason Pierre-Paul (neck) resumes practicing October 16th, 2019
- Jameis Winston turns the ball over 6 times in Week 6 loss to Carolina October 13th, 2019
- Tampa Bay's Chris Godwin snags 10 catches in Week 6 loss October 13th, 2019
- Mike Evans hauls in 9 catches on 17 targets in Week 6 loss to the Panthers October 13th, 2019
- Buccaneers' Peyton Barber projected for 12 touches in London in Week 6 October 12th, 2019