Drew Brees (thumb) reportedly expected to sit Week 3 for Saints
New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees is expected to miss games due to a ligament issue in his throwing thumb, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
The injury forced Brees to make an early exit from Sunday's loss to the Los Angeles Rams. There should be more clarity on the extent of the injury later Monday, but it sounds like Brees will miss multiple weeks. Teddy Bridgewater will likely start for the Saints in Week 3 versus the Seattle Seahawks.
Brees went 3-of-5 for 38 yards with an interception in Week 2 before leaving.
- Patriots' Julian Edelman (shoulder surgery) expected healthy for offseason January 21st, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham (core) undergoes successful surgery January 21st, 2020
- A.J. Green 'definitely' a priority for Bengals January 21st, 2020
- 49ers' Tevin Coleman suffered dislocated shoulder January 21st, 2020
- San Francisco's Raheem Mostert accumulates 220 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns in Sunday's NFC Championship win over Green Bay January 19th, 2020
- Titans' Ryan Tannehill throws 2 touchdowns in Sunday's AFC Championship loss to Kansas City January 19th, 2020
- Saints' Taysom Hill accumulates 125 yards and a score in Sunday's overtime loss to Minnesota January 5th, 2020
- Antonio Brown works out with New Orleans Friday December 27th, 2019
- Saints' Drew Brees (knee) limited on Wednesday December 25th, 2019
- Drew Brees throws for 279 yards, 3 scores on Sunday for New Orleans December 23rd, 2019
- New Orleans' Michael Thomas sets single-season catch record in Week 16's victory over Titans December 22nd, 2019
- Alvin Kamara records 89 scoreless yards for Saints December 17th, 2019