Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott 'ready for normal workload'
Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott says he's ready for more work in Week 2 versus the Washington Redskins.
Elliott only played 37 snaps (54.0 percent) in the Cowboys' opener, finishing with 63 yards on 11 touches while ceding work to Tony Pollard. “I think I’m ready now for a normal workload," Elliott stated. Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett expressed caution, noting the team is cognizant of Elliott's missed practice time over the summer. Game script figures to be the key determinant for Elliott's usage. If the Cowboys build a lead, Pollard will likely be more involved. They're 5.5-point road favorites in Week 2.
numberFire's models project Zeke for 21.5 carries, 99.0 yards, 3.4 receptions, 27.0 yards, 1.00 touchdowns, and 19.9 FanDuel points, at a cost of $8,500, in Week 2. He's the RB2 in our weekly fantasy rankings.
- Marqise Lee (knee) active for Jacksonville in Week 3 September 19th, 2019
- Chiefs' LeSean McCoy (ankle) limited on Thursday September 19th, 2019
- Redskins' Jordan Reed (concussion) still out of practice Thursday September 19th, 2019
- Giants' Sterling Shepard (concussion) practices in full Thursday September 19th, 2019
- Dolphins' Albert Wilson (calf) doubtful for Week 3 September 19th, 2019
- Jimmy Graham (groin) sitting for Packers again Thursday September 19th, 2019
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper ranked as Week 3's WR1 September 17th, 2019
- Michael Gallup (meniscus) reportedly out for Cowboys 2-4 weeks September 16th, 2019
- Cowboys' Michael Gallup undergoing knee MRI September 16th, 2019
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott throws for three touchdowns in Week 2 victory over Washington September 15th, 2019
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott piles up 111 rushing yards in Sunday's win over Washington September 15th, 2019
- Amari Cooper projected for 8.3 targets in Week 2 September 13th, 2019