Niners' Trent Taylor (foot) 'highly unlikely' to play Week 1
San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Trent Taylor (foot) is "highly unlikely" to be ready for Week 1 of the regular season, per head coach Kyle Shanahan.
Taylor is trying to work his way back after suffering a Jones fracture in his foot. The injury tends to linger and could leave the receiver off the roster to start the season as well. Jordan Matthews is expected to serve as the club's slot receiver for however long Taylor is out.
Taylor is projected by numberFire for just 4.5 receptions, 44.4 yards, and 0.2 touchdowns this season.
- Denzel Mims working behind Keelan Cole at Jets camp June 14th, 2021
- Pats' Mac Jones playing behind Jarrett Stidham in "every period" June 14th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder, Jets rework contract June 14th, 2021
- Jakobi Meyers looking like Patriots' WR1 for camp June 14th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon exceeding expectations at OTAs June 14th, 2021
- Rams praise Cam Akers' pass-catching ability heading into 2021 season June 13th, 2021
- Bengals hoping Joe Mixon improves in pass protection for 2021 season June 13th, 2021
- Bengals' Joe Burrow (knee) planning to begin "next phase" of recovery in February January 12th, 2021
- Bengals' Tee Higgins (leg) down on field January 3rd, 2021
- Bengals' Tyler Boyd (concussion) active for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Cincinnati's Tyler Boyd (concussion) available in Week 17 January 1st, 2021
- Taylor: Cincinnati's Tyler Boyd (concussion) expected to play in Week 17's game against Ravens January 1st, 2021