Steelers' Vance McDonald to see same snaps in 2019
Pittsburgh Steelers tight end Vance McDonald will not play significantly more snaps this season, according to offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner.
"He won't," Fichtner said in regards to McDonald seeing an expanded role in 2019. "He's never going to play the full game. That's never going to happen." McDonald played a career-high 564 snaps (54.6 percent) in 15 games last season while turning in the most productive season of his career, with 50 receptions (72 targets) for 610 yards and 4 touchdowns. Even if he were to only see a modest boost in playing time following the departure of Jesse James, McDonald is capable of returning back-end TE1 production.
McDonald is currently the TE9 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models expect him to catch 53.6 passes on 86.7 targets for 627.5 yards and 5.77 touchdowns in 2019.
- Marquez Valdez-Scantling catches long pass in Packers' win October 15th, 2019
- Jimmy Graham grabs 2 passes for Green Bay October 15th, 2019
- Marvin Jones has season-lows in Lions' loss October 15th, 2019
- Kerryon Johnson gains 34 yards for Lions on 13 carries October 15th, 2019
- T.J. Hockenson quiet again in Lions' loss October 15th, 2019
- Packers' Allen Lazard emerges in fourth quarter October 15th, 2019
- Pittsburgh's Vance McDonald (shoulder) active for Week 6's game against the Chargers October 13th, 2019
- Steelers' James Conner expecting adversity and prepared to fight through it heading into Week 6 October 11th, 2019
- James Washington (shoulder) out on Friday for Pittsburgh October 11th, 2019
- Mason Rudolph (concussion) out for Pittsburgh in Week 6 October 11th, 2019
- Vance McDonald (shoulder) sitting on Thursday for Steelers October 10th, 2019
- Steelers uncertain on Week 6 starting quarterback October 10th, 2019