Rams' Darrell Henderson expected to see 9-12 touches a game
Los Angeles Rams third-round pick Darrell Henderson is expected to see 9-12 touches per game this season, writes Vincent Bonsignore of The Athletic.
Henderson is still competing with second-year back John Kelly for the change-of-pace role behind Todd Gurley, per Bonsignore, so those touches will likely go to the winner of that battle, not necessarily Henderson. The main takeaway is that the Rams are looking to spread things around more to take some of the load off Gurley. It remains to be seen how that will manifest in the backfield.
numberFire's models believe Henderson will average 12.0 touches a game as a rookie. He's pegged for 710.2 yards and 4.09 touchdowns on 165.6 carries, and 201.0 yards and 1.19 touchdowns on 26.8 receptions. Henderson is the RB34 in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Packers' Aaron Jones projected for 17.4 touches in Week 3 September 17th, 2019
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper ranked as Week 3's WR1 September 17th, 2019
- Tampa Bay's Jameis Winston ranked as Week 3's QB7 September 17th, 2019
- Jaguars' D.J. Chark projected for 3.9 receptions in Week 3 September 17th, 2019
- Jaguars' Dede Westbrook projected for 6.7 targets in Week 3 September 17th, 2019
- Jaguars' Leonard Fournette ranked as Week 3's RB11 September 17th, 2019
- Rams' Brandin Cooks catches 3 passes for 74 yards and a touchdown on Sunday September 16th, 2019
- Jared Goff throws for 283 yards Sunday in Rams' win September 16th, 2019
- Rams' Cooper Kupp posts five receptions in Week 2's victory over New Orleans September 15th, 2019
- Rams' Robert Woods ranked as Week 2's WR16 September 14th, 2019
- Rams' Jared Goff ranked as QB 10 for Week 2 September 13th, 2019
- Todd Gurley terse about Week 1 role for Rams September 9th, 2019