Rashaad Penny 'clear' second fiddle in Seahawks' backfield
Seattle Seahawks running back Rashaad Penny "is the clear No. 2 in the 1-2 punch" between him and Chris Carson, writes Joe Fann of NBC Sports Northwest.
"I anticipate Carson taking at least two-thirds of the workload, but Penny will still get a few series a game," Fann added. Carson has emerged as the preferred option between the two, but Penny should still see enough volume in the Seahawks' offense to remain fantasy-relevant.
numberFire's models expect Penny to rush 127.1 times for 624.6 yards and 3.33 touchdowns in his second NFL season, with another 23.9 catches for 169.6 yards and 1.17 touchdowns. He's the RB36 in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Darwin Thompson reportedly has passed Carlos Hyde on Chiefs' depth chart August 21st, 2019
- Darren Waller again shining at Raiders training camp August 21st, 2019
- Steelers' Vance McDonald to see same snaps in 2019 August 21st, 2019
- Jakeem Grant signs 4-year, $24M extension with Miami August 21st, 2019
- Rams' Darrell Henderson expected to see 9-12 touches a game August 21st, 2019
- Chargers' Melvin Gordon's holdout expected to leak into season August 21st, 2019
- Seahawks' Rashaad Penny could be 'falling further' behind Chris Carson August 21st, 2019
- Seahawks' DK Metcalf needs minor knee surgery August 19th, 2019
- Chris Carson expected to see two-thirds of Seahawks' backfield touches August 14th, 2019
- Rashaad Penny 'clear' second fiddle in Seahawks' backfield August 14th, 2019
- Chris Carson to be more involved in Seahawks' passing game August 13th, 2019
- Russell Wilson to sit out Thursday's preseason opener for Seattle August 7th, 2019