Melvin Gordon and the Chargers are still in contact despite holdout
The Los Angeles Chargers and running back Melvin Gordon have kept in contact with each other during the back's holdout.
Gordon has insisted he will not play unless he gets a new contract and has even demanded a trade from the team. While there does not appear to be any progress in contract talks, the fact the two sides have stayed in touch gives the situation a glimmer of hope of being resolved. Gordon appears ready to miss multiple regular-season games at this point, but is still likely to play this season.
numberFire's models still project Gordon as the RB10 this season in fantasy with 943.5 rushing yards, 490.4 receiving yards, and 12.2 total touchdowns in 2019.
- Raiders' Antonio Brown participates in Saturday's walkthrough August 17th, 2019
- Patriots' Josh Gordon reinstated by the NFL, eligble to play Week 1 August 16th, 2019
- Chiefs beat: Carlos Hyde not making final roster August 15th, 2019
- Cam Newton's deep ball 'biggest surprise' for Carolina August 15th, 2019
- Curtis Samuel 'practically impossible to cover' at Panthers' camp August 15th, 2019
- Mike Gesicki still struggling in Dolphins camp August 15th, 2019
- Chargers' Derwin James suffers a right foot fracture August 16th, 2019
- Chargers' Keenan Allen (ankle) reportedly expected to play in Week 1 of the regular season August 15th, 2019
- Melvin Gordon and the Chargers are still in contact despite holdout August 13th, 2019
- Melvin Gordon's agent reportedly requested trade from Chargers August 1st, 2019
- Melvin Gordon officially holding out from Chargers July 24th, 2019
- Agent says Chargers' Melvin Gordon could hold out into season July 11th, 2019