Lions' Kerryon Johnson could catch 60 passes, writer pedicts
Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press predicts that Detroit Lions running back Kerryon Johnson will catch at least 60 passes this season.
Birkett said that Johnson has impressed as a receiver in offseason practice and says that primary receiving back Theo Riddick is not a lock to make the roster. This would open up opportunities in the passing game for Johnson, who caught 32 passes in 10 games as a rookie last season. Johnson had an 11% target share, compared to Riddick's 14%.
Our numbers are not as bullish, but our models do project Johnson to catch 40.76 passes this season for 291.65. He is also projected to rush for 1,038.06 yards and 5.3 touchdowns on 215.31 attempts.
- Marquise Brown (foot) placed on Non-Football Injury list by the Ravens July 19th, 2019
- Eagles re-sign running back Darren Sproles on Friday July 19th, 2019
- Chiefs' Tyreek Hill not receiving suspension from NFL July 19th, 2019
- Raiders' Jalen Richard could have receiving workload lessened in 2019 July 18th, 2019
- Demarcus Robinson could see larger role for Chiefs July 18th, 2019
- Broncos' Emmanuel Sanders (Achilles) avoids PUP list to open camp July 18th, 2019
- Theo Riddick could be on the Lions' roster bubble June 13th, 2019
- Lions' Kerryon Johnson could catch 60 passes, writer pedicts June 13th, 2019
- Patriots acquire Michael Roberts from lions June 13th, 2019
- Lions reportedly sign receiver Jermaine Kearse to a one-year deal on Thursday June 6th, 2019
- Detroit Lions select tight end T.J. Hockenson eighth overall April 25th, 2019
- C.J. Anderson signs a one-year deal with Detroit April 1st, 2019