Damien Harris could earn 'prominent role' with Patriots
New England Patriots rookie running back Damien Harris could earn a "prominent role" in the offense, according to Jeff Howe of The Athletic.
Howe reported that the third-round pick out of Alabama has had a strong spring while Sony Michel has sat out with undisclosed injuries. While Michel is likely to handle the bulk of the early down work, Harris is in position to shine if Michel gets hurt.
Our models project Harris for 99 total touches, 470.8 yards, and 3.5 touchdowns in 2019.
- Packers guard Lane Taylor agrees to pay cut May 31st, 2020
- Broncos tight end Jake Butt finally healthy May 31st, 2020
- Silver: 49ers and George Kittle 'remain far apart' on potential extension May 30th, 2020
- Texans, Zach Fulton agree to restructured contract May 29th, 2020
- 49ers' Dee Ford had "relatively minor" knee surgery during offseason May 29th, 2020
- Chiefs, Chris Jones reportedly not close on long-term contract May 28th, 2020
- Patriots unsure about bottom of wide receiver depth chart May 26th, 2020
- Patriots could ask cornerback Joejuan Williams to take on multiple roles May 24th, 2020
- Jeff Thomas has 'best chance' among Patriots' UDFA wideouts May 22nd, 2020
- Patrick Chung reportedly extends with Patriots through 2023 May 20th, 2020
- Patriots tackle Yodny Cajuste "healthy and good to go" May 17th, 2020
- Patriots sought assurance before Devin Asiasi trade up May 13th, 2020