Patriots reportedly extend Julian Edelman through 2021
The New England Patriots signed wide receiver Julian Edelman to a 2-year, $18 million extension through 2021, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
The deal includes an $8 million signing bonus and $12 million guaranteed. Turning 33 on Wednesday, Edelman was entering the final year of his contract before coming to terms. He figures to see more work next season in the wake of Rob Gronkowski's retirement.
Edelman caught 74 passes on 108 targets for 850 yards and 6 touchdowns last season.
- Chiefs, Chris Jones reportedly not close on long-term contract May 28th, 2020
- Matt Judon signs Ravens' franchise tag Thursday May 28th, 2020
- Eli Apple signs 1-year deal with Carolina May 28th, 2020
- DeAndre Hopkins envisions better numbers in Arizona May 28th, 2020
- Ravens say all running backs have role May 28th, 2020
- Justice Hill to make 'big jump' for Ravens May 28th, 2020
- Patriots unsure about bottom of wide receiver depth chart May 26th, 2020
- Patriots could ask cornerback Joejuan Williams to take on multiple roles May 24th, 2020
- Jeff Thomas has 'best chance' among Patriots' UDFA wideouts May 22nd, 2020
- Patrick Chung reportedly extends with Patriots through 2023 May 20th, 2020
- Patriots tackle Yodny Cajuste "healthy and good to go" May 17th, 2020
- Patriots sought assurance before Devin Asiasi trade up May 13th, 2020