Buccaneers release Gerald McCoy
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers released defensive tackle Gerald McCoy.
The move clears $13 million in cap space. McCoy had been with the Buccaneers for his entire career after being selected with the 3rd overall pick in the 2010 draft out of Oklahoma. He turned 31 in February and has experienced some regression in recent years.
McCoy's 54.5 career sacks are 4th-most in Buccaneer history. He had a personal-best 9.5 sacks in 2013 and recorded at least 6 in each of the last six years.
- Cardinals sign receiver Dylan Cantrell June 1st, 2020
- Raiders' Henry Ruggs suffers punctured thigh June 1st, 2020
- Pats' Dante Scarnecchia to stay retired June 1st, 2020
- Raiders' Clelin Ferrell bulking up June 1st, 2020
- Marlon Mack may open as Colts' starter June 1st, 2020
- Washington's Terry McLaurin receives Ron Rivera's praise June 1st, 2020
- Dak Prescott communicating with Mike McCarthy, Cowboys June 1st, 2020
- Cowboys unlikely to trade for Jamal Adams until Dak Prescott signs deal May 25th, 2020
- Dallas reportedly offers Dak Prescott second-most money May 22nd, 2020
- Ezekiel Elliott set to benefit from Cowboys' spread May 18th, 2020
- Cowboys' Leighton Vander Esch 'doing wonderful' May 18th, 2020
- Cowboys' Tyrone Crawford recovered from hip surgery May 14th, 2020