Buccaneers release Gerald McCoy
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers released defensive tackle Gerald McCoy.
The move clears $13 million in cap space. McCoy had been with the Buccaneers for his entire career after being selected with the 3rd overall pick in the 2010 draft out of Oklahoma. He turned 31 in February and has experienced some regression in recent years.
McCoy's 54.5 career sacks are 4th-most in Buccaneer history. He had a personal-best 9.5 sacks in 2013 and recorded at least 6 in each of the last six years.
- Parris Campbell should see time as the Colts' third receiver June 16th, 2019
- Chargers' Mike Williams ready for 'expanded role' in 2019 June 16th, 2019
- Jacksonville's Leonard Fournette expects to have a role in 2019 passing game June 15th, 2019
- Rams will extend Jared Goff, coach says June 13th, 2019
- Theo Riddick could be on the Lions' roster bubble June 13th, 2019
- Lions' Kerryon Johnson could catch 60 passes, writer pedicts June 13th, 2019
- Carolina's Cam Newton (shoulder) will participate in drills on Tuesday June 8th, 2019
- Panthers' Cam Newton (shoulder) has resumed throwing a regulation-sized football May 31st, 2019
- Panthers sign receiver Chris Hogan to a one-year deal April 13th, 2019
- Colts and Devin Funchess agree on a one-year deal March 11th, 2019
- Eric Reid re-signs with Panthers for 3 seasons February 12th, 2019
- Panthers' Greg Olsen (foot) plans to play next season February 6th, 2019