Buccaneers' Jameis Winston targeting 250 pounds
Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston hopes to play at 250 pounds this season.
That would make Winston, who is currently listed at 231 pounds, the heaviest player at his position in the NFL. "I’m going to play bigger this year," the 25-year-old quarterback said. "A solid 250. It’s just about hydration and being at the peak body, too." Winston is heading into the final year of his contract.
Jameis threw for 2,992 yards (7.9 yards per attempt) on a 64.6 completion percentage with 19 touchdowns and 14 interceptions over 11 games (nine starts) in 2018. He also rushed for 281 yards and a touchdown.
- Devin Singletary (hamstring) misses Bills' practice on Wednesday September 18th, 2019
- Browns' David Njoku out with a broken wrist September 18th, 2019
- Sterling Shepard (concussion) limited at Giants practice September 18th, 2019
- Browns 'would love' Nick Chubb to get more work September 18th, 2019
- James Conner (knee) 'good to go' for Steelers Week 3 September 18th, 2019
- David Njoku (concussion) not practicing for Browns Wednesday September 18th, 2019
- Buccaneers say 'balls will come' for O.J. Howard September 18th, 2019
- Tampa Bay's Jameis Winston ranked as Week 3's QB7 September 17th, 2019
- Buccaneers' Ronald Jones expected to see more work Thursday September 12th, 2019
- Tampa Bay's O.J. Howard ranked as Week 2's TE8 September 11th, 2019
- Buccaneers' Chris Godwin projected for 5 catches, 64 yards Thursday September 11th, 2019
- Jameis Winston throws it away for Tampa Bay in loss September 9th, 2019