Drew Brees, Saints restructure to open up $10.8 million
The New Orleans Saints restructured quarterback Drew Brees' contract.
The move creates $10.8 million in cap space by converting salary money into bonus money. Brees is still due $23 million in 2019, his age-40 season. The future Hall of Famer posted a career-best 74.4 completion percentage last season, but he threw for less than 4,000 yards for the first time since signing with the Saints as a free agent in 2006.
Brees threw for 3,992 yards (8.2 per attempt) with 32 touchdowns and 5 interceptions last season. He also rushed for 4 scores.
- Raiders' Jalen Richard could have receiving workload lessened in 2019 July 18th, 2019
- Demarcus Robinson could see larger role for Chiefs July 18th, 2019
- Broncos' Emmanuel Sanders (Achilles) avoids PUP list to open camp July 18th, 2019
- Phillip Lindsay (wrist) leading Broncos' backfield to start camp July 18th, 2019
- Falcons' Austin Hooper ready for next step July 18th, 2019
- Derrick Henry to drive Titans' offense in 2019 July 18th, 2019
- Jared Cook reportedly committed to Saints March 25th, 2019
- Teddy Bridgewater officially re-signs with Saints over Dolphins March 15th, 2019
- Drew Brees, Saints restructure to open up $10.8 million March 14th, 2019
- Dolphins making another push to sign Teddy Bridgewater March 13th, 2019
- Saints lock Wil Lutz up for 5 years March 13th, 2019
- Saints reportedly add Latavius Murray to backfield March 12th, 2019