Phillip Dorsett reportedly staying put with Patriots
The New England Patriots re-signed wide receiver Phillip Dorsett to a 1-year contract, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Dorsett caught a career-best 3 touchdowns in 2018, but his 9.1 yards per reception was well below his previous personal-low of 12.5 from the wideout's rookie season. Chris Hogan is still a free agent and Josh Gordon remains suspended, leaving Dorsett as Tom Brady's current number-two receiver. Rob Gronkowski hasn't decided whether or not he will play football in 2019.
In addition to the 3 touchdowns, Dorsett hauled in 32 passes for 290 yards on 42 targets last regular season. He also had 5 receptions for 70 yards and 2 touchdowns in the postseason.
- Texans expect Will Fuller (knee) to be ready for start of regular season July 20th, 2019
- Marquise Brown (foot) placed on Non-Football Injury list by the Ravens July 19th, 2019
- Eagles re-sign running back Darren Sproles on Friday July 19th, 2019
- Chiefs' Tyreek Hill not receiving suspension from NFL July 19th, 2019
- Raiders' Jalen Richard could have receiving workload lessened in 2019 July 18th, 2019
- Demarcus Robinson could see larger role for Chiefs July 18th, 2019
- Patriots' Josh Gordon remains indefinitely suspended June 20th, 2019
- Patriots acquire Michael Roberts from lions June 13th, 2019
- Patriots' Sony Michel reportedly sidelined due to knee scope June 12th, 2019
- Damien Harris could earn 'prominent role' with Patriots June 11th, 2019
- Matt LaCosse in line to be Patriots' starting tight end June 4th, 2019
- Patriots' rookie N'Keal Harry seeing 'lot of work' with starters June 4th, 2019