Saints reportedly add Latavius Murray to backfield
The New Orleans Saints agreed to terms with running back Latavius Murray, formerly of the Minnesota Vikings, on a 4-year, $14.4 million contract, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN.
The move likely indicates Mark Ingram will become a free agent. Murray figures to take some work from Alvin Kamara, but he's unlikely to see as much volume as Ingram has over the past two seasons.
Murray ran for 578 yards and 6 touchdowns on 140 carries for the Vikings last season. He also snagged 22 receptions (26 targets) for 141 scoreless yards.
- Falcons' Austin Hooper (ankle) ready for training camp July 21st, 2019
- Bears expect David Montgomery to see carries during preseason July 21st, 2019
- Atlanta's Julio Jones reports to training camp on Sunday July 21st, 2019
- Texans expect Will Fuller (knee) to be ready for start of regular season July 20th, 2019
- Marquise Brown (foot) placed on Non-Football Injury list by the Ravens July 19th, 2019
- Eagles re-sign running back Darren Sproles on Friday July 19th, 2019
- Jared Cook reportedly committed to Saints March 25th, 2019
- Teddy Bridgewater officially re-signs with Saints over Dolphins March 15th, 2019
- Drew Brees, Saints restructure to open up $10.8 million March 14th, 2019
- Dolphins making another push to sign Teddy Bridgewater March 13th, 2019
- Saints lock Wil Lutz up for 5 years March 13th, 2019
- Saints reportedly add Latavius Murray to backfield March 12th, 2019