Duke Johnson not expendable 'yet' for Browns
Cleveland Browns running back Duke Johnson's future with the team is uncertain, per comments from general manager John Dorsey on Monday.
“I don’t think it makes him expendable yet,” Dorsey replied when asked about Johnson during a press conference addressing Kareem Hunt's signing. It sounds like Johnson may fall out of the mix once Hunt returns from what is expected to be a lengthy suspension. The 25-year-old back averaged 5.0 yards per carry and 9.1 yards per catch last season, but only saw 5.4 touches per game.
Johnson gained 201 scoreless rush yards on 40 carries and caught 47 passes for 429 yards and 3 touchdowns on 62 targets last season.
- Patriots reportedly extend Julian Edelman through 2021 May 21st, 2019
- Carson Wentz will be full participant in Eagles' OTAs May 21st, 2019
- Buccaneers release Gerald McCoy May 21st, 2019
- Texans reportedly release tight end Ryan Griffin on Friday May 17th, 2019
- Cardinals' Patrick Peterson reportedly suspended 6 games for PEDs May 16th, 2019
- Patriots sign wide receiver Dontrelle Inman to a one-year deal on Friday May 10th, 2019
- Browns' Kareem Hunt reportedly suspended 8 games for personal conduct violation March 15th, 2019
- Duke Johnson reportedly being shopped around by Browns March 14th, 2019
- Browns to sign tight end Demetrius Harris to 2-year dea March 13th, 2019
- Breshad Perriman signs 1-year deal with Tampa Bay March 13th, 2019
- Giants ship Odell Beckham Jr. to Cleveland March 12th, 2019
- Report: Sheldon Richardson comes to terms with Cleveland March 12th, 2019