Duke Johnson not expendable 'yet' for Browns
Cleveland Browns running back Duke Johnson's future with the team is uncertain, per comments from general manager John Dorsey on Monday.
“I don’t think it makes him expendable yet,” Dorsey replied when asked about Johnson during a press conference addressing Kareem Hunt's signing. It sounds like Johnson may fall out of the mix once Hunt returns from what is expected to be a lengthy suspension. The 25-year-old back averaged 5.0 yards per carry and 9.1 yards per catch last season, but only saw 5.4 touches per game.
Johnson gained 201 scoreless rush yards on 40 carries and caught 47 passes for 429 yards and 3 touchdowns on 62 targets last season.
- Cowboys reportedly letting Terrance Williams walk February 18th, 2019
- Bills release tight end Charles Clay on Friday February 15th, 2019
- Antonio Brown will reportedly meet with Steelers owner February 15th, 2019
- Schefter: Broncos 'most likely' letting Brandon Marshall walk February 15th, 2019
- Nick Foles, Jaguars expected to have 'mutual interest' February 14th, 2019
- Broncos reportedly deal 4th-round pick to Ravens for Joe Flacco February 13th, 2019
- Duke Johnson not expendable 'yet' for Browns February 12th, 2019
- Browns sign Kareem Hunt to 1-year contract, suspension still pending February 11th, 2019
- Browns promoting Freddie Kitchens to head coach January 9th, 2019
- Baker Mayfield throws three touchdowns in Cleveland's Week 17 loss to the Ravens December 30th, 2018
- Browns' Nick Chubb records fourth 100-yard game of season December 23rd, 2018
- Cleveland's Baker Mayfield torches Cincinnati again in Week 16 December 23rd, 2018