Buccaneers could release Gerald McCoy this offseason
Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Gerald McCoy has a "real chance" of being released this offseason, writes ESPN team reporter Jenna Laine.
The Bucs would save $13 million against the cap by releasing McCoy, who has three years remaining on his contract, but no guaranteed money. Turning 31 next month, McCoy has 6-plus sacks in six straight seasons.
McCoy recorded 24 tackles (14 solo) with 6 sacks in 2018.
- James Robinson expected to lead Jaguars' backfield in snaps June 18th, 2021
- Denzel Mims working behind Keelan Cole at Jets camp June 14th, 2021
- Pats' Mac Jones playing behind Jarrett Stidham in "every period" June 14th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder, Jets rework contract June 14th, 2021
- Jakobi Meyers looking like Patriots' WR1 for camp June 14th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon exceeding expectations at OTAs June 14th, 2021
- McCarthy: Cowboys' Michael Gallup has been 'moved around some and in the slot' this offseason June 10th, 2021
- Cowboys and quarterback Dak Prescott agree to new contract March 8th, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott (calf) looks fresh in Week 16 return against Eagles December 28th, 2020
- CeeDee Lamb scores via air, ground for Dallas December 28th, 2020
- Michael Gallup gains 121 yards, scores twice in Cowboys victory December 28th, 2020