Washington's Alex Smith reportedly battling leg infection
Washington Redskins quarterback Alex Smith (broken leg) has undergone multiple surgeries to combat an infection, per multiple sources of 106.7 The Fan's Eric Bickel.
An infection apparently developed after Smith underwent surgery to repair the broken leg he suffered in Week 11. There's fear that the 34-year-old quarterback may never be able to play again.
Smith averaged 14.3 FanDuel points in 10 games. He threw for 2,180 yards with 10 touchdowns and 5 interceptions and rushed 41 times for 168 yards and 1 touchdown and 1 lost fumble.
- Rapoport: Bears expected to release Dion Sims February 20th, 2019
- Antonio Brown will only be traded if Steelers benefit February 20th, 2019
- Steelers say Le'Veon Bell will not be tagged February 20th, 2019
- Andre Ellington signs with Buccaneers February 19th, 2019
- DeMarcus Lawrence refusing to sign franchise tender with Cowboys again February 19th, 2019
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski to decide in 'next couple weeks' February 19th, 2019
- Washington's Derrius Guice (knee) running at full speed February 6th, 2019
- Washington expects Alex Smith to miss 2019, per report January 28th, 2019
- Washington optimistic about an Alex Smith (leg) comeback January 23rd, 2019
- Jay Gruden: Jamison Crowder should be offseason priority for Washington January 15th, 2019
- Washington's Jay Gruden will return as head coach in 2019 January 4th, 2019
- Josh Doctson (illness) questionable for Washington in Week 17 December 28th, 2018