Bruce Irvin inks 1-year deal with Falcons
The Atlanta Falcons signed defensive lineman Bruce Irvin to a 1-year, $1.5 million contract.
The Pittsburgh Steelers and New England Patriots offered more money but Irvin cared more about playing for his hometown team. As a unit, Atlanta is tied with the New Orleans Saints for fifth-fewest sacks in the league this season. Irvin, 31, was waived by the Oakland Raiders last week.
Irvin has 40 sacks and 15 forced fumbles over 98 career games.
- James Robinson expected to lead Jaguars' backfield in snaps June 18th, 2021
- Denzel Mims working behind Keelan Cole at Jets camp June 14th, 2021
- Pats' Mac Jones playing behind Jarrett Stidham in "every period" June 14th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder, Jets rework contract June 14th, 2021
- Jakobi Meyers looking like Patriots' WR1 for camp June 14th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon exceeding expectations at OTAs June 14th, 2021
- Russell Wilson excited for Seahawks' new "super complex" offense June 13th, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Seahawks' Jamal Adams (shoulders, fingers) will require offseason surgery January 10th, 2021
- Seattle's Rashaad Penny inactive for Saturday's playoff matchup against Rams January 9th, 2021
- Alex Collins promoted to Seattle's active roster for Saturday's playoff matchup against Rams January 8th, 2021
- Seahawks' Rashaad Penny (knee) questionable for Wild Card clash with Rams January 8th, 2021