Saints reportedly acquiring Giants 2016 first-rounder Eli Apple
The New Orleans Saints are acquiring defensive back Eli Apple from the New York Giants for a 2019 fourth-round pick and 2020 seventh-round pick, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter.
It isn't Patrick Peterson, but the 5-1 Saints still managed to improve a secondary that enters Week 8 among the bottom-five defenses in passing yards allowed per game (293.7). New Orleans is now without a first-, third-, or fourth-round pick in the 2019 draft. Apple was 10th overall pick in 2016.
Apple recorded 22 tackles with 5 pass deflections and 1 forced fumble in five games for the Giants.
- Cam Newton (foot) reportedly staying under center for Carolina February 26th, 2020
- Philip Rivers reportedly going to sign with Colts February 26th, 2020
- David Montgomery seen as Bears' feature back February 25th, 2020
- Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger (elbow) 'about 2.5-3 months' from total clearance February 23rd, 2020
- Bears reportedly release Taylor Gabriel on Friday February 21st, 2020
- Redskins reportedly release Jordan Reed on Thursday February 20th, 2020
- Drew Brees returning to Saints in 2020 February 18th, 2020
- Saints' Michael Thomas named 2019 Offensive Player of the Year February 1st, 2020
- Saints' Taysom Hill accumulates 125 yards and a score in Sunday's overtime loss to Minnesota January 5th, 2020
- Antonio Brown works out with New Orleans Friday December 27th, 2019
- Saints' Drew Brees (knee) limited on Wednesday December 25th, 2019
- Drew Brees throws for 279 yards, 3 scores on Sunday for New Orleans December 23rd, 2019