Arizona wins Pac-12 tournament behind Deandre Ayton's 32 points
The Arizona Wildcats won the Pac-12 title on Saturday behind forward Deandre Ayton's 32 points on 14-for-20 shooting. Ayton added 18 rebounds, 2 assists, and 1 block in the 75-61 win over the USC Trojans.
Ayton is a lock to be taken in the NBA draft lottery after this season, but first he'll see how far he can carry the Wildcats in the NCAA Tournament. After a dud in the first round of the Pac-12 tourney, Ayton finished off the win with back-to-back 32-point double-doubles on Friday and Saturday.
The Wildcats are the 19th ranked team in numberFire's power rankings. Our models project them to be a 5-seed in the tournament.
- Virginia named 1st seed in South Region March 18th, 2019
- North Carolina claims top seed in Midwest region March 18th, 2019
- Gonzaga earns No. 1 seed in the West March 18th, 2019
- Duke earns top seed in the NCAA tournament March 18th, 2019
- Kansas punches ticket to Final Four with 85-81 victory over Duke March 25th, 2018
- Villanova advances to Final Four for second time in three seasons with victory over Texas Tech March 25th, 2018
- Arizona falls to 13-seed Buffalo in stunning upset on Thursday March 16th, 2018
- Arizona wins Pac-12 tournament behind Deandre Ayton's 32 points March 11th, 2018
- Arizona's Rawle Atkins withdrawing from NBA Draft May 22nd, 2017
- Allonzo Trier returning for one more year at Arizona April 13th, 2017
- Rawle Alkins testing the NBA waters after one season at Arizona April 13th, 2017
- Kobi Simmons leaving Arizona for the NBA April 7th, 2017