Kentucky wins fourth straight SEC championship with victory over Tennessee
The Kentucky Wildcats defeated the Tennessee Volunteers 77-72 on Sunday to win the Southeastern Conference tournament championship.
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander scored a game-high 29 points (10-of-16 field goals, 7-of-7 free throws) with 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, and 2 3-pointers to help the Wildcats earn their fourth straight SEC tournament banner. As a team, Kentucky made half of their field goals (25-for-50) and shot 43.8 percent from beyond the arc.
UK is 18th in numberFire's NCAAB Power Rankings and our models project them as a 4-seed in this year's tournament.
- Virginia named 1st seed in South Region March 18th, 2019
- North Carolina claims top seed in Midwest region March 18th, 2019
- Gonzaga earns No. 1 seed in the West March 18th, 2019
- Duke earns top seed in the NCAA tournament March 18th, 2019
- Kansas punches ticket to Final Four with 85-81 victory over Duke March 25th, 2018
- Villanova advances to Final Four for second time in three seasons with victory over Texas Tech March 25th, 2018
- Kentucky wins fourth straight SEC championship with victory over Tennessee March 11th, 2018
- Wenyen Gabriel leads Kentucky to SEC Tournament Final March 10th, 2018
- De'Aaron Fox will workout for Philadelphia on Saturday June 14th, 2017
- Malik Monk to workout for 76ers on Thursday June 14th, 2017
- De'Aaron Fox worked out for Lakers on Tuesday June 13th, 2017
- Hamidou Diallo withdraws from NBA Draft, returning to Kentucky May 25th, 2017