Virginia beats North Carolina to win ACC title on Saturday
The Virginia Cavaliers beat the North Carolina Tar Heels on Saturday to win the ACC Tournament with a final score of 71-63.
The Cavs had four players in double figures and shot over 50% from the three-point line in the impressive victory. Virginia has been one of college basketball's best teams this season, and this win almost surely cements their spot as a 1-seed in the tournament.
Virginia ranks 2nd in numberFire's power rankings and we expect them to be a 1-seed in the NCAA Tournament.
- North Carolina claims top seed in Midwest region March 18th, 2019
- Gonzaga earns No. 1 seed in the West March 18th, 2019
- Duke earns top seed in the NCAA tournament March 18th, 2019
- Kansas punches ticket to Final Four with 85-81 victory over Duke March 25th, 2018
- Villanova advances to Final Four for second time in three seasons with victory over Texas Tech March 25th, 2018
- Michigan edges Florida State to earn a trip to the Final Four March 25th, 2018
- Virginia named 1st seed in South Region March 18th, 2019
- 16-seed UMBC makes history in defeat of 1-seed Virginia March 17th, 2018
- University of Virginia earns top overall seed in NCAA Tournament March 11th, 2018
- Virginia beats North Carolina to win ACC title on Saturday March 11th, 2018
- Marial Shayok will play for Iowa State after spending three years with Virginia April 20th, 2017
- Virginia's second leading scorer Marial Shayok will transfer March 23rd, 2017