Anas Mahmoud intends to return to Louisville next season
Louisville Cardinals junior forward Anas Mahmoud intends to return to school for the 2017-18 season, according to Jeff Greer of The Courier-Journal.
Mahmoud was expected to explore his options regarding the draft at least, but after playing under 20 minutes per game, the seven-footer will return for another year of seasoning. He excels at protecting the rim, but will need to improve on the offensive end before becoming a serious prospect for the NBA.
Mahmoud averaged 5.7 points, 4.0 rebounds and 2.1 blocks in 18.7 minutes per game this season.
- Hamidou Diallo withdraws from NBA Draft, returning to Kentucky May 25th, 2017
- Justin Jackson will play another season for Maryland May 24th, 2017
- Purdue getting Vince Edwards back for another year May 24th, 2017
- Tony Bradley leaving North Carolina after one season May 24th, 2017
- Moritz Wagner returning to Michigan for his junior season May 24th, 2017
- Michigan won't have DJ Wilson back next season May 24th, 2017
- Deng Adel spurning the NBA for one more season at Louisville May 23rd, 2017
- Donovan Mitchell leaving Louisville for the NBA May 5th, 2017
- Jaylen Johnson leaving Louisville for the professional ranks April 24th, 2017
- Louisville's Deng Adel and Donovan Mitchell exploring their draft standing March 23rd, 2017
- Anas Mahmoud intends to return to Louisville next season March 20th, 2017
- Deng Adel scores 21 points in Louisville's loss March 9th, 2017