Anas Mahmoud intends to return to Louisville next season
Louisville Cardinals junior forward Anas Mahmoud intends to return to school for the 2017-18 season, according to Jeff Greer of The Courier-Journal.
Mahmoud was expected to explore his options regarding the draft at least, but after playing under 20 minutes per game, the seven-footer will return for another year of seasoning. He excels at protecting the rim, but will need to improve on the offensive end before becoming a serious prospect for the NBA.
Mahmoud averaged 5.7 points, 4.0 rebounds and 2.1 blocks in 18.7 minutes per game this season.
- Missouri State's Alize Johnson will test the NBA draft waters April 21st, 2017
- Ike Anigbogu signs with an agent, will officially leave UCLA April 20th, 2017
- Villanova will have Jalen Brunson back next year April 20th, 2017
- Marial Shayok will play for Iowa State after spending three years with Virginia April 20th, 2017
- Allerik Freeman leaving Baylor for NC State April 20th, 2017
- Egor Koulechov will transfer to Florida next season April 20th, 2017
- Louisville's Deng Adel and Donovan Mitchell exploring their draft standing March 23rd, 2017
- Anas Mahmoud intends to return to Louisville next season March 20th, 2017
- Deng Adel scores 21 points in Louisville's loss March 9th, 2017
- Deng Adel drops 22 points in Louisville's loss to Wake Forest March 2nd, 2017
- Donovan Mitchell continues his hot play for Louisville on Sunday February 26th, 2017
- Donovan Mitchell scores 21 points as Louisville comes up short on Wednesday February 23rd, 2017