New Mexico's Tim Williams cleared to resume basketball activities
New Mexico Lobos senior forward Tim Williams (foot) has been medically cleared to resume all basketball-related activities, per Jon Rothstein of FanRag Sports.
Williams has been out since January 28 with a stress reaction in his foot, missing seven games. It is unclear when his return date would be, but the Lobos have one regular season game remaining on Saturday before the Mountain West Tournament tips-off on March 8. Williams was averaging 17.8 points and 7.0 rebounds per game.
New Mexico needs to win the Mountain West Conference tourney to make the field of 68 and Williams will provide a much-needed boost. The Lobos went 3-4 without Williams and are ranked 121 out of 351 teams based on nERD.
- Virginia named 1st seed in South Region March 18th, 2019
- North Carolina claims top seed in Midwest region March 18th, 2019
- Gonzaga earns No. 1 seed in the West March 18th, 2019
- Duke earns top seed in the NCAA tournament March 18th, 2019
- Kansas punches ticket to Final Four with 85-81 victory over Duke March 25th, 2018
- Villanova advances to Final Four for second time in three seasons with victory over Texas Tech March 25th, 2018
- Elijah Brown to transfer from New Mexico March 20th, 2017
- New Mexico's Tim Williams cleared to resume basketball activities February 27th, 2017
- Tim Williams to miss substantial time for New Mexico January 31st, 2017
- New Mexico's Tim Williams will not play on Wednesday December 5th, 2016