John Gillon explodes for 43 points in Syracuse's overtime win
Syracuse Orange senior guard John Gillon was on fire Wednesday as he scored a career-high 43 points with 9 three-pointers and 9 assists in an overtime win over the North Carolina State Wolfpack.
Gillon was unstoppable as he went 10-for-13 from the floor including 9-for-10 from three while sinking all 14 of his free throws, as he utterly destroyed his previous season-high of 23 points. In fact, Wednesday was only the 10th time all year the former Colorado State Ram had even reached double-digits in points.
Gillon is averaging only 10.4 points and 1.7 three-pointers per game on 40.8 percent field goal shooting even after his explosion on Wednesday.
- Virginia named 1st seed in South Region March 18th, 2019
- North Carolina claims top seed in Midwest region March 18th, 2019
- Gonzaga earns No. 1 seed in the West March 18th, 2019
- Duke earns top seed in the NCAA tournament March 18th, 2019
- Kansas punches ticket to Final Four with 85-81 victory over Duke March 25th, 2018
- Villanova advances to Final Four for second time in three seasons with victory over Texas Tech March 25th, 2018
- 11-seed Syracuse knocks off 3-seed Michigan State to advance to Sweet 16 March 18th, 2018
- Tyus Battle will return for his sophomore season at Syracuse March 23rd, 2017
- Syracuse's Tyler Lydon to enter the 2017 NBA Draft March 20th, 2017
- Tyler Lydon registers a double-double in Syracuse's loss to Louisville February 26th, 2017
- John Gillon nails game-winner for Syracuse on Wednesday February 23rd, 2017
- John Gillon explodes for 43 points in Syracuse's overtime win February 2nd, 2017