Tim Williams to miss substantial time for New Mexico
New Mexico Lobos senior forward Tim Williams will miss a substantial amount of time with a stress reaction in his foot, according to a statement by head coach Craig Neal.
Huge blow for the Lobos as it sounds like Williams is likely to miss the remainder of the regular season. It is unclear when and if he will be able to return as these types of injuries take multiple weeks of rest before a player can even try to practice. The forward was the team's second-leading scorer with 17.9 points per game. Elijah Brown will have to attempt to shoulder even more of the team's scoring load in Williams' absence.
The Lobos are currently 13-9 and stand fourth in the Mountain West Conference. Our models give them an 11.0 percent probability of making the NCAA Tournament, which will likely drop with Williams out indefinitely.
- Virginia named 1st seed in South Region March 18th, 2019
- North Carolina claims top seed in Midwest region March 18th, 2019
- Gonzaga earns No. 1 seed in the West March 18th, 2019
- Duke earns top seed in the NCAA tournament March 18th, 2019
- Kansas punches ticket to Final Four with 85-81 victory over Duke March 25th, 2018
- Villanova advances to Final Four for second time in three seasons with victory over Texas Tech March 25th, 2018
- Elijah Brown to transfer from New Mexico March 20th, 2017
- New Mexico's Tim Williams cleared to resume basketball activities February 27th, 2017
- Tim Williams to miss substantial time for New Mexico January 31st, 2017
- New Mexico's Tim Williams will not play on Wednesday December 5th, 2016