Rudy Gay opts out of his contract with San Antonio
San Antonio Spurs forward Rudy Gay has declined his player option for the 2018-19 season, making him an unrestricted free agent.
With all the uncertainty in San Antonio with the trade demand by Kawhi Leonard, Gay may be looking for the chance to play for a contender, which the Spurs may not be sans Leonard. The 31-year-old is leaving $8.8M on the table and may need to take a lesser deal next season.
Gay was a mild disappointment as he averaged just 11.5 points, 5.1 rebounds, and 1.3 assists in 21.7 minutes per game with the Spurs last season.
- Lakers' Lance Stephenson (toe) available on Friday March 22nd, 2019
- Caris LeVert playing with Brooklyn's second unit in Friday's matchup against the Lakers March 22nd, 2019
- DeMarre Carroll starting for Brooklyn on Friday March 22nd, 2019
- Update: Lakers' Mike Muscala (ankle) ruled out on Friday March 22nd, 2019
- Bucks' Ersan Ilyasova not starting on Friday March 22nd, 2019
- Milwaukee's Giannis Antetokounmpo (ankle) officially active on Friday March 22nd, 2019
- Jakob Poeltl playing with San Antonio's second unit on Friday March 22nd, 2019
- Spurs starting Rudy Gay in Friday's matchup against Houston March 22nd, 2019
- Spurs' Jakob Poeltl scores 12 points Friday, adds 9 boards and 5 blocks March 16th, 2019
- Spurs' Rudy Gay (illness) available for Friday's matchup against New York March 15th, 2019
- Rudy Gay (illness) expected to play for Spurs Friday-Saturday March 13th, 2019
- DeMar DeRozan turns in 33 points for Toronto, ties season-high 4 steals March 13th, 2019