Damian Lillard (ankle) reportedly expected to miss Trail Blazers' game on Thursday
Portland Trail Blazers point guard Damian Lillard (ankle) is day-to-day with a left ankle injury and not expected to play in Thursday's game against the Houston Rockets, according to Shams Charania of Yahoo Sports.
Lillard injured his ankle on Tuesday and the Trail Blazers are essentially locked into the number-three seed in the Western Conference, so they're going to play it safe. After Thursday, Portland's next game is on Saturday in San Antonio versus the Spurs. Shabazz Napier will likely start in Lillard's absence and C.J. McCollum may pick up some work on offense.
Lillard is averaging 43.1 FanDuel points per game this season.
- Heat's Goran Dragic (knee) expected to play on Monday December 9th, 2018
- Miami's Hassan Whiteside (personal) listed as out for Monday December 9th, 2018
- Minnesota's Robert Covington (knee) listed as probable for Monday's game against Golden State December 9th, 2018
- Knicks' Allonzo Trier (hamstring) ruled out on Sunday December 9th, 2018
- Derrick White starting for the Spurs on Sunday December 9th, 2018
- San Antonio's Davis Bertans (personal) ruled out on Sunday December 9th, 2018
- Seth Curry to play with Trail Blazers' second unit on Saturday December 8th, 2018
- Portland's C.J. McCollum (ankle) will play against Minnesota on Saturday December 8th, 2018
- Trail Blazers' Jake Layman scores career-high 24 points in easy win December 7th, 2018
- Damian Lillard scores 28 with 5 rebounds, 8 assists for Trail Blazers December 7th, 2018
- C.J. McCollum (ankle) out on Thursday for Portland December 6th, 2018
- C.J. McCollum (ankle) questionable to play on Thursday for Portland December 5th, 2018